A few Midweek tips from RMI as to how to NOT exceed the speed limit:
Many vehicle drivers unintentionally exceed the speed limit, often without realising it. Modern cars are so powerful and comfortable they give drivers little sensation of their speed. It is too easy to creep above the limit, and in particular, many drivers believe it is difficult to drive a modern car at no less than 60 km/h on a road with a 60 km/h limit. Ultimately drivers are responsible for the speeds at which they choose to drive, but there are some simple and practical things drivers who find it difficult to stay within speed limits can do to help themselves.
1. Check your speedometer regularly, especially when leaving high speed roads
2. Know the limits – look for signs, especially at junctions – In fact many GPS units have this information available to ensure safe driving
3. Assume lamp posts mean 60, until signs say otherwise, but remember it could be 40 km/h
4. Remember, speed limits are a maximum, not a minimum or a target speed
5. 30 km/h is plenty when kids are about – and may even be too fast
6. Try no higher than 3rd gear in a 60kph limit
7. Recognise what makes you speed – keeping up with traffic, overtaking or being tailgated
8. Concentrate – distracted drivers speed
9. Slow down when entering suburbs
10. Give yourself time – there’s no need to speed and you won’t get there quicker
Thanks RMI for the good advice.
We hope that these tips can help you while you are out on the road this week.
The Body Technique Team